Colour Splash utilise the 7'M' method of analysis
It is broken down into the following areas:
- Management: Do Management adopt the values of Total Quality management and specifically to what extent is there a process view? Are there policies and goals for the different dimensions of the process?
- Man power: Are personnel competent (defined as formal education, experience and motivation in relation to the requirements) in their work tasks?
- Method: Is there a documented method, if relevant, for managing, controlling and improving each of the process dimensions (for example an IS0 9000 system for quality)?
- Measurement: Is there a process control and information system that measures the relevant key performance indicators for the different dimensions and distributes the information to those needing it?
- Machine: Is the machinery, including buildings and premises, up to the process requirements?
- Material: Is the input material - defined as raw material, wear and spare parts - introducing variation and problems?
- Milieu: Is the internal and external environment affecting process performance?